Sunday, October 12, 2008

Losing a child for 1 1/2 hours...was like....

I had her attached to me most of the night CC that is. With Kennedy sitting beside me at the shower for Cousin Jenny Vial Smith.


Ok this cute little thing made my heart stop yesterday. How did this happen?? you ask read on.....

I had the girls here. Kennedy, CC the above girl. The twinkies. We were all out digging up potatoes and being amazed at how big they were. CC got bored and took off on her bike to go see Maryn her friend here on the hill. So we kept digging. I felt  it was time and go check on her. My cell home was in my car with Hailey so I didn't have phone numbers to call and make sure everything was Ok. So we walked down to get her. Well no one was home. So knowing CC I knew she just went in and started to play. She loves Maryn's toys. So I went in calling CC. Where are you?? No answer. SO I'm not going to panic I look everywhere. In all the bedrooms. bathroom yelling CC...I can't believe I couldn't find her.Ok so maybe she went out side and into the motor home. I look in the barn in all the stalls. In all the autos in the barn . Then down to the swing?? I'm scratching my head where could she be. Then we got into the car and drove around to see. I still had the other girls and was dragging them everywhere. We have blisters on our feet to prove the running around. So we are now in the  van now driving everywhere.  I say OK she might have gone home. SO I go home and look in all the rooms here and in Nicolina's house and no CC. So now i start to panic. I could not find her......What do I do?? I got Robert out of bed bless his heart. He got on the 4 wheeler and off he went. Now don't panic I will go out into the field and look. I called Hailey hurry and get here I can't find CC. I was so distraught she didn't even know who I was on the phone. I just needed some one to help me think. I really couldn't go out and look dragging 3 with me. So I called Darilyn,andthe Barfuss because Darilyn knows this property and so does Lance. I needed someone to help me get the 4 wheeler started. I couldn't pull it started.I knew Jenna was always on the e-mail. Because i didn't have her phone number I e-mailed her. She had called me just as I was starting to look knowing something was wrong. But I wasn't in the house to get the phone. So Hailey gets here and I said I didn't look at Feinauers so go there. In the mean time Grovers get home and they find CC in Maryns room playing toys!!!!!!!!!!!! What the ........( put your own word here). How did I miss her!!!I still don't know other then maybe she feel asleep and was cuddled down in a little ball and why didn't i step on her????So everyone showed up here at the same time and  I was a mess. Just as the grovers called. So all is well ..........and I'm still learning how to be a parent or grand parent???and they can still stop my heart.

8 comments:

Rich Vial said...

So I started getting calls about 3 pm, but was unable to answer as I was conducting a forum. It was pretty scary when I heard Paula's sobbing voice a bit later, but fortunately Janeen had called me just before and told me CC was at her house. I didn't know until Paula called what was going on, but was able to tell Paula that she was at Grovers. Pretty scary. We love these little ones.

Chelle said...

Oh mom that makes a pit in my stomach just thinking about how you must have felt. There is nothing worse! I'm so glad it all worked out. When you mentioned Jenna in the story I was pretty sure this story was going to end with CC at Groners Corner on her bike.

Chelle said...

I love it that like most cases when a child is lost the child is somewhere safe and totally unaware of the trauma they are causing!

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

Oh mama! That is so scary! I'm sorry you had to go through that!

Hailey Vial said...

Little Turd (that's from Nic)
You were great and handled it very well. I was so impressed that you actually knew peoples phone numbers, I only know yours and Nics, not even his office number.

Merilee said...

Oh my heavens! That is scary. Glad everything turned out well. I lost Boston and Mason once years ago and I remember that heart stopping feeling. It's awful.

Darilyn said...

I just found out from Merilee that you have this blog. Yay! Now I can check in often. I'm so glad that CC was found and was safe. I kept praying the whole way over in the car that she would be found before we got there, and she was. I'm glad that my prayer was answered so quickly!

paula said...

thanks for the prayers Darilyn my heart was racing tooo fast and loud to hear a voice.Thanks for coming so fast!!